With the rise of content creators, comes a greater need for a comprehensive understanding of how to budget an independent project and procure the finances needed to produce it.
This workshop will look at the fundamental principles of where to find financing and how to create a budget with those funds.
This training is aimed at industry professionals looking to expand their skills and opportunities with the goal of producing indie projects.
Through this workshop, a participant will:
- Understand the available avenues for independent financing
- Understand the details of distribution
- Understand how to accurately develop and format a budget for an indie project
At the end of this workshop, the participant will be able to:
- Identify and apply for grants, funds, and other financing programs
- Create crowdfunding campaigns
- Understand sales, pre-sale distribution and completion guarantees
- Format and scale a budget
- Work with ACTRA (rules, collective agreement, production tiers, etc.)
To achieve the objectives of the training, the main techniques used will be:
- Interactive presentation
- Presentation of examples and models
- Individual and group exercises
Aspiring filmmakers and independent producers.
Must be working as an industry professional.
Notebook and/or laptop or tablet.