With the rise of content creators, comes a greater need for a comprehensive understanding of how to budget an independent project and procure the finances needed to produce it.
This training is an introduction of the fundamental principles of the development stage of a film or video project: where to find financing and how to create a budget with those funds. It is aimed at industry professionals looking to expand their skills and opportunities with the goal of producing indie film or video projects. Mainly, this training will teach students to identify the avenues available to them for independent project funding and the details of the distribution system, as well as how to create and properly format a budget for an independent project.
This training will be given in an online format due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The training will be limited to three relatively short modules with two sessions between modules for the trainer to be present to help participants in their homework tasks to apply the principles they have learned. It will also be possible for the participants to use real projects in their homework.
Plan a financial strategy for their independent film or video projects.Objectifs spécifiques :
At the end of this training, the participant will be able to:
- Identify grants, funds, and other financing programs for independent projects ;
- Create application packages for grants, funds, and other financing programs for independent projects ;
- Create crowdfunding campaigns for independent projects ;
- Create a properly formatted indie project budget ;
- Distinguish between sales, pre-sale distribution and completion guarantees ;
- Plan an independent production that respects the guidelines of ACTRA (collective agreements, production tiers, etc.).
To achieve the objectives of the training, the main techniques used will be:
- Interactive presentation
- Presentation of examples and models
- Individual and group exercises
Aspiring filmmakers and independent producers.
Must be working as an industry professional.
A home computer with the ability to attend Zoom learning sessions online.
In order to ensure the quality of its training programs, Inis invites each participant to make a written evaluation of the course and the trainer.