Be it commercials, corporates or eLearning tools, the voiceover industry is vast, ever-changing and always in need of new voice talent. But working in the voiceover industry and performing in a studio environment for corporate clients is an experience unlike most performance work and requires specific skills that many performers lack. This workshop aims to help professional performers develop the necessary skills for commercial, corporate and eLearning voiceover work in addition to helping them create a plan of action to get that work.
This workshop will take place on Saturday March 9th from 9:00 to 12:00 at L'inis and on Sunday March 10th from 9:00 to 16:00 at Studio Syllabes and will be given by Kim Handysides .
This training is aimed at professional performers looking to expand their work opportunities in commercial, corporate and eLearning voiceover work.
Objectifs spécifiques :
Through this workshop, a performer will:
• Develop good microphone technique;
• Understand the principles of creating a strong demo reel, capable of getting them auditions and roles;
• Understand the principles of a strong audition for voiceover work;
• Develop business skills to help promote and increase their work opportunities;
• Create a demo reel, ready to be used in a portfolio.
Description and objectives for Day 1 :
Whether it’s commercial, corporate or eLearning, each environment requires performers to adopt a respective strategy in terms of seeking out clients and dealing with them. Day 1 of this workshop is a tutorial on the fundamentals of marketing yourself for voiceover work and approaching and working with various client streams. At the conclusion of this day, participants will need to research and transcribe/create existing text to use as scripts for a demo reel.
• Understanding the business of the commercial, corporate and eLearning industry;
• Develop a marketing plan to expand work opportunities;
• Understanding and cultivating professional relationships to further work opportunities;
• Develop a plan for a successful demo reel.
Description and objectives for Day 2 :
Using the scripts they have researched and brought participants will gain hands on experience in a voice studio, under Kim’s experienced direction – as they produce material for a demo reel. Demo reel is going to be send out to all participants after the workshop.
• Basic understanding of how studio recording works;
• Understanding proper microphone technique;
• Working with a voice director vs being your own director;
• Producing a demo reel.
- Resume detailing PROFESSIONAL work experience
- Phone interview
Applications must be sent to Kim Handyside before February 17th, 5 PM : firstname.lastname@example.org
All the applications will be reviewed by selection committee and the successful candidates will be contacted in the week of February 18th by email.
This workshop is 200$ and open to all Mutuelle members. To be paid upon acceptance.
Élisabeth Lebel, chargée de projets
email@example.com | 514 285-1840, poste 208
To achieve the objectives of the training, the main techniques used will be:
- Interactive presentation;
- Presentation of examples and demo;
- Individual and group exercises;
- Production of a demo in Studio for portfolio.
Must be working as a professional actor and a member of la Mutuelle