Now, more than ever, actors are called upon to send a casting director their Self-Tape in lieu of an audition. What’s more, a self-tape is often the best way for your agent to get you into an audition that you weren’t originally called for. And while the key to getting the role is a good performance on your self-tape, the key to a good self-tape is understanding the technical aspects of creating this essential tool. One option is to pay someone to produce your self-tape for you. Another is to learn how to make a high quality self-tape yourself!
This workshop is primarily focused on the technical aspects of preparing, filming, editing, formatting and sending a high-quality Self-Tape – produced at home with basic, accessible equipment, such as an iPhone, affordable accessories and iMovie.Objectifs spécifiques :
At the end of this workshop, the participant will be able to:
- Send a high-quality Self-Tape
To achieve the objectives of the training, the main techniques used will be:
- Interactive presentation;
- Presentation of examples and models;
- Individual and group exercises.
Actors and comedians or anyone that have to send Self-Tape to Casting Directors
- Please bring a short, 1 page scene as audition practice material.
- If you have your own camera you intend to shoot your tapes on, please bring with you so that you may practice applying the techniques on it right away.
Access to lab (MAC) and editing software (iMovie).